Food and Beverage Manager
Red Bird is a new space in Old Ottawa South featuring a music school, music venue and bar/cafe. We a looking for a Front of House Manager to oversee all our food and beverage service (no need to worry about the school or bands, we’ve got that covered).
During the day we will operate cafe style, and in the evening as a bar with a great but small food offering as well. You’ll be very hands on working directly with customers, pouring drinks, prepping and handing over food (no table service, just grab and go from the bar). You’ll also have day to day management responsibilities like scheduling, hiring, training, ordering, product management etc.
We are looking for the top candidate with experience in managing a bar/restaurant, strong leadership skills and enthusiasm for providing top level service.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42,000.00 per year
Music School Administrators
The Red Bird Music School Administrator is the first point of contact for all our students and faculty, responsible for ensuring the scheduling and administrative side of the school runs smoothly.
Music School Administrator Job Responsibilities:
- meets and greets students, parents, teachers and other visitors to the school
- communicates with customers and potential customers in person, on the phone and via digital means
- schedules lesson appointments for teachers and students
- enters student information into company database
- drafts reports and correspondence to clients and faculty
- Attends meetings and takes meeting notes
- Ensures that classrooms and common spaces are tidy and in good order
- Monitors, tracks and reports employee hours for the purpose of payroll.
- prepares marketing materials for the purpose of growing the music school business
- takes payments, tracks and issues invoices
- oversees, plans and executes special events such as recitals
- Administers group and summer programming lessons
- Handles administrative tasks for teachers (photo copying, printing etc)
- Participates in recruitment, hiring and documentation of new staff
- Performs other related duties as assigned, which may include serving/assisting at the Café.
A background in music education is not required (will train)
The ideal candidate is friendly and courteous, professional and has outstanding organizational and communication skills.
Monday through Thursday from 2pm - 8pm, Saturdays and Sundays from 11am - 4pm.
We are looking for two people to cover these hours on a regular basis. For example, one staff Monday through Thursday and another on Saturdays and Sundays.
Starting as soon as possible, until the end of June 2023 with the possibility of extension.
Wage is $17.50/hr +vacation
Secondary School (min)
College Diploma (preferred)
At least two years experience in customer service and/or office administration